WE ARE RECRUITING!!!
Job Summary: Responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for planning, co-ordination, and guiding departmental heads in implementing the Sacco’s strategic objectives and policies, Deputizing the CEO in his/her absence .
- Bachelor of Commerce/Business Management or degree in co-op management.
- Possession CPA III /CPS III
- Five years relevant experience at a management level in a Sacco or Financial institution. (Micro-Finance).
- Computer literacy
- Demonstrated experience in strategic management including planning, goal setting, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Leadership, communication and team building skills, Innovativeness with an interest in Management.
- A diploma in Marketing will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of computerized financial management system
- 35 Years and above
To deputize the ceo in her/his absence
- To co-ordinate proper utilization of SACCO Resources including, Personnel, Assets, and Information / Communication & Technology.
- Ensure proper planning of Sacco activities at departmental level and utilize the plans to develop a master plan for both short and long-term activities of the Sacco.
- To co-ordinate preparation of departmental budgets.
- Develop and implement innovative products that are profitable to the Sacco.
- To oversee member /education activities and review of innovative products and services.
- Co-ordinate activities of the Sacco and ensure proper targets and standards are set and achieved at every level of operation.
- To deal with Human Resource and administrative issues in the Sacco.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation of the Sacco’s Strategic Management Plan.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
In brief, the Internal Auditor will be responsible for ensuring that all Sacco operations are in compliance with existing legislations, Sacco Rules, Regulations and Procedures and will have the overall responsibility to manage the Saccos Internal Audit function, providing an independent and objective appraisal of Saccos financial operational and internal control activities.
The position will also provide recommendations for improving these controls and other aspects of the business.
- Formulating and implementing the risk-based internal audit strategy to evaluate the Saccos operating standards
- Initiating and maintaining internal audit controls systems for effective utilization of the Society’s resources
- Coordinating internal and external auditors annual and interim audits
- Preparing periodic audit reports for the Board
- Ensuring compliance with established and internationally recognized management systems, administrative and personnel policies as well as procurement procedures
- Conducting ad- hoc and special audit of systems and financial transactions
- Evaluating the financial and operational procedures of adequacy and effectiveness of internal control systems
- Advising the Board on audit, risk and control issues
- Determining compliance with policies and procedures. by laws and other laws
- Reporting functionally to the audit committee and administratively to the C.E.O
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned by the CEO
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field from a recognized university
- Suitable professional qualifications such as (CPA (K) or (ACCA).
- Proficiency in MS office packages and 3yr work experience in ERP
- Member of ICPAK or ACCA with a current good standing
- At least three (3) years relevant experience, two (2) of which must be in a senior audit position in a financial institution or co-operatives sector.
- Knowledge of credit and lending principles
- Adequate knowledge of regulatory framework in the financial Sacco sector will be an added advantage.
- Minimum age 30 years.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage network based hardware, software, and system solutions. Troubleshooting the network and application problems and taking corrective measures to ensure resolution.
- Maintaining the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of the computer systems; especially multi-user computers, such as servers.
- WEB development and maintenance.
- Drive Operational Excellence projects to improve software and network performance and reliability.
- Reviewing the ICT policy and oversee its implementation.
- Development of network and computer system recommendations.
- Work in an open and collaborative manner with the ERP System Support partners.
- Ensure the ERP System is updated to various versions relevant to the Sacco
- Maintain the organization’s work flow and keeps its lines of communication open.
Minimum Competencies / Qualifications
- At least 3 years working experience as a systems administrator in a Sacco or a financial institution.
- A degree in computer Science, Business Information Technology or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Should have at least 3 year’s experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision software in a SACCO.
- minimum age 30 years.
- Must be able to manage network based hardware, software, and system solutions.
- Should be conversant in maintaining, upgrading, operating and implementing the Microsoft Dynamics Navision software, its infrastructure and other relevant platforms.